As a Medical Science Liaison, the successful incumbent will be tasked to develop scientific relationships and external expert engagement on behalf of the organization's customers. He / She will communicate complex scientific and medical information to a variety of internal and external stakeholders; build and foster strong relationships with key external experts in their shared therapeutic category; work with external experts to execute medical projects that bridge the communication between clinical development and commercial success; build and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders for the benefit of the business; and gather and communicate field insights to inform business strategy and medical plans.
- Engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange with ability to understand, interpret, communicate complex scientific data and information effectively to KOLs/HCPs
- Identify, renew, cultivate and maintain professional relationships with local/regional KOLs
- Deliver medical presentations to diverse audiences effectively, including Physicians, Pharmacists, nurses, etc.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of disease state, clinical information, and product data within assigned therapeutic area
- Respond to incoming off-label queries in compliance with health regulations and medical ethics codes
- Ensure that all Medical Affairs applicable regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to and in compliance with the country/region he/she is responsible for
- Maintain cross-functional collaboration with internal teams: Marketing, Sales, Regulatory, Legal, etc.
- Contribute to publication planning, development of medical education material, internal scientific training to sales force, etc.
- Collect and disseminate competitive intelligence from multiple sources
- Influence product reimbursement activities post-launch by getting the drug/device on the Hospital formularies and Essential drug lists according to Country level regulations
- Bachelor Degree in Biomedical Sciences / Pharmacy / Medicine, or any related field
- Minimum 1 year of prior relevant experience as a MSL for candidates with non medical background
- In depth knowledge of current pharmaceutical industry code of practice for Ethical Conduct the promotion of Medical Products
- Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills and experience of developing and delivering presentations
- Demonstrated ability working independently and in cross-functional teams
- Possess a self-starter attitude
- Willing to travel within China