At this US financial firm, Sales, Partnership & Relationship Management teams are responsible for cultivating and embedding profitable, long-term client relationships to grow our revenue and market share.
The Business Development Manager will oversee direct sales and cover both the Buy Side and Sell Side for assigned product territories and/or regions. Customers include investment managers, broker/dealers, IMOs, custodians as well as vendors.
- Prospect, develop and close-out new sales within an assigned geographic territory, leveraging various sales and lead generation tools
- Work closely and coordinate with Relationship Management and other cross functional teams to identify new opportunities within the sales territory
- Attend and engage in sales calls/sales meetings and provide reports
- Deliver accurate and regular pipeline updates, activity and forecasts to Sales Management whilst keeping Salesforce.com updated
- Represent the organization in functions such as conferences, seminars, and other events
- Manage campaigns for assigned territories to expand the community in new key initiatives
- Work with Sales Management team to meet the sales plan and applicable sales targets
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
Leadership Competencies for this level include
Accountability: Demonstrates reliability by taking necessary actions to continuously meet required deadlines and goals.
Global Collaboration: Applies global perspective when working within a team by being aware of own style and ensuring all relevant parties are involved in key team tasks and decisions.
Communication: Articulates information clearly and presents information effectively and confidently when working with others.
Influencing: Convinces others by making a strong case, bringing others along to their viewpoint; maintains strong, trusting relationships while at the same time is comfortable challenging ideas.
Innovation and Creativity: Thinks boldly and out of the box, generates new ideas and processes, and confidently pursues challenges as new avenues of opportunity.
- Proven Sales Experience in the financial community essential and demonstrable technology and solution selling knowledge.
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and presentation skills.
- Persuasive and assertive self-starter able to demonstrate initiative with flexible and strong time management skills.
- Team player with the ability to react to clients’ needs effectively and efficiently.
- Strong Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook and Salesforce.com knowledge.
- Regulatory reporting/Compliance knowledge and/or Middle Office operations knowledge an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Native with proficiency in Business Japanese required
Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience