A leading provider of mutual fund ranking solutions is looking to hire a senior salesperson in Hong Kong to lead Asia ex Japan sales.
In this role you will lead the regional business development initiative for the firms fund research and fund ranking offerings. Target customers will include international, regional and local financial institutions including asset managers, life insurers, investment banks and private banks.
As the most senior salesperson in Asia you will work with onshore sales teams to originate, manage and close deal opportunities. As the lead salesperson you will be expected to carry the regional sales target, provide product expertise throughout the sales process and manage relationships with senior level customers and decision makers at prospective customers.
• Originate and own sales opportunities for the fund ranking solution
• Provide product expertise to regional sales teams internally as well as customers and prospects externally
• Work with colleagues across Asia from sales and account management to identify sales opportunities for your product as well creating cross selling opportunities for the business
• Work with the regional sales leadership team to set the Asia sales strategy for your product
• Maintain a high level of customer visits to generate and drive forward sales pipeline regionally – for this reason a high amount of regional travel is required
We would like to speak with candidates with the following skills and experience for this opportunity:
- Experience selling into financial institutions in Asia – experience in ETF sales, fund distribution or experience selling fund ranking solutions or fund research
- Fluency in English and Mandarin – due to the regional nature of this role
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of the fund industry
- A prior track record in overachieving sales targets