This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Internal Audit Executive to lead the Audit function for this prominent Insurance group. Reporting directly to the CAE your mandate is to provide independent audit and assurance advice, whilst leading a small team.
Your duties will include:
- Setting and driving the audit strategy in adherence to the corporate guidelines;
- Develop the annual audit plan, internal control framework and compliance procedures;
- Stay abreast of key risks in the extensive resources portfolio of the group;
- Timely audit reporting to the Board and Audit Committee;
- Driving continuous improvement projects and programs, including large operational and ERP projects and programs, assessing key risks;
- Staff training and development, acting as a coach and mentor;
- Effectively manage the outsourced audit function, including negotiations with 3rd party suppliers;
- Build, maintain and manage external relationships with external service providers and regulatory bodies.
The ideal candidate:
- Will be CPA / CA / ACCA / CISA or CIA qualified;
- Proven track record in liaising and dealing with Audit Committees or executive stake holders is essential;
- High attention to detail, integrity, ethical and methodical approach to your work needed;
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills essential.
This opportunity will lead you to manage your own internal audit function. It is essential that you have gained experience in managing co-source audit functions and have led small to medium teams of staff. Highly sought after will be a proven background in dealing with executives and proven track record in driving "refresh" strategies for audit teams. Audit or Risk experience at a Director / Portfolio Audit Manager / EM / min Snr Audit Manager level in the Big 4 or industry is needed due to the seniority of the position. This opportunity will lead to high visibility and the chance to drive change and strategy.
For further information on this role or to confidentially apply, please contact Tania Barnard on 02 8227 9200 or apply directly via the Apply for this job button. Only WORD FORMAT resumes will be accepted.