Our client is a leading financial services organisation with a focus to transform the way they deliver excellence and innovation. Due to an increased mandate within the program, we currently require the experience of a Senior Business Analyst to commence an initial 6 month engagement starting in September.
The Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for working with stakeholders to elicit and document business requirements and business processes and management of requirements through the project lifecycle.
The focus for the role is organisational change related. Responsibilities will to lead the definition, elicitation, prioritisation and validation of the requirements and design of new or re-engineered business processes to meet the needs of the organisation. This will be achieved through effective engagement of business partners, stakeholders and team, ensuring that the recommended solution is aligned to the targeted business outcomes, justifying the solution using both subjective and objective data.
- Initiate and scope, manage and support projects through to delivery within an agile and waterfall environment
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities and write specifications
- Collaborate closely with the business users to gain an in-depth understanding of the business need, processes and requirements and identify and document opportunities for improvement and new/future requirements in the context of the business strategy/need and operational, financial and technological risks.
- Document project requirements in the form of epics and user stories with acceptance criteria and key test scenarios in a manner that is detailed, clear and concise to internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct backlog grooming sessions
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements and form project teams where required
- Partner with key stakeholders across business units to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with internal and external stakeholders
- Analyse risks and assumptions in each project and obtain sign off from the decision-making stakeholders
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive Lead / Senior Business Analyst experience, working with end to end complex and high value projects
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ideally those that has worked in a business transformation that has included organisational change
- Experience working within an agile and waterfall environment
- Proven ability to liaise with a diverse set of stakeholder groups at all levels
- Eye for detail, and ability to quickly understand problem statements and outline a plan of action.
- Benefits and perks
- Positive, collaborative team where employees are valued and rewarded
- Work on exciting, revolutionary, market leading projects
- Easy-to-access location
If you meet the above criteria, we’d love to hear from you! Apply now in confidence.